Montel has worked with over 100 players, from 4th graders to professionals, including co-training over 50 players at our annual NXTLVL Youth Basketball Camp
Montel is a consummate student of the game. He played his high school basketball in New Albany, Mississippi. After his career there was over, he realized how much more he could have accomplished, and how much better he'd have been, if he had a person in his corner, helping him learn & add to his game. Montel has personal training, strength & conditioning & nutrition certifications that allow him to be a 3 in 1 trainer for his athletes. With constant film study, and drills that translate directly into in game production, he helps them on the court. With strength training programs that help them become faster, stronger & more athletic, he helps them master & understand their bodies. And with nutrition training, he helps them understand how crucial healthy eating habits are to a successful athlete.
Ready to get you or your player(s) in the gym ? Check out our programs below:
One month left until the season starts! What are you doing to get ready for it ? Take a look at one of our live sessions (LINK TO FULL VIDEO IN BIO) where @t_earl_10 & myself get @jby.shugg & @darwin_beard04 primed & ready for the year 💪🏾 DM us to get that extra push you need for the season this month!
We believe that open runs are a great player development tool. You can train & drill all day, but until you get in a live game with real defense , the things you're training won't translate. We have players from high school, college & even professionally, that come through to hone their skills & work on their game.
We strive to offer the best open runs in the south, where every player on the court is giving it their all, and honing their skills in the process. Here are the #HFBLiveRun Rules.
- All games played to 8, by 1's & 2's.
- Player that makes game winning shot must make a free throw to end the game, if they miss, team goes back down to 7 & opposing team gets ball.
- Last game of the day played to 10, same free throw stipulations.
- Any players on the same HS, College or Pro team must play together every game, to build continuity & trust with their teammates before the real games get here.
- Sessions could be anywhere between $0-$10 per player, just depending on the venue & circumstances.
- ALL sessions are invite only, if a player doesn't personally receive an invite from an HFB trainer, they won't be allowed in the runs. We do this to maintain a competitive, high quality hoop environment so everyone can get the most out of every possession.
All of our trainers KNOW the game inside & out, but they can also PLAY the game at a high level. Check out some of Montel's highlights below.